Few things are more important to you than your home. You and your family spend the majority of your time there and you count on it to keep you safe and sound year in and year out. Unfortunately, termites have other ideas for your home. That’s why we’ve always counted on the state-of-the-art Sentricon® System to protect our homes from termites and termite damage. As it turns out, we’re not the only ones who have entrusted the safety of our homes to Sentricon®. Did you know the U.S. Capitol Building and The Alamo are protected by Sentricon®? You bet—and they’re not the only ones. Here are some of the other important buildings protected each day by The Sentricon® System:
- The White House: in 1998, termites were discovered in the West Wing of the White House—the area where the President and all the President’s staff work. No major structural damage was found, but minor damage was discovered in the areas where the termites had been swarming, just 10 yards from the Oval Office! Certified Sentricon® Specialists were called in to place the stations around the entire White House and then the stations were loaded with Recruit—the termite bait used in the system. The termites were swiftly eliminated and The Sentricon® System has kept them away, and the White House safe, ever since.
- Independence Hall: a year after terminates were discovered in the White House, it was decided that The Sentricon® System should be installed at another important American site—Independence Hall in Philadelphia—as a preventative measure. And it was a good thing it was! During the first post-installation check-up, termites were found in the newly installed Sentricon® stations. The stations were then baited and more baited stations were installed to attract the rest of the termites that had not yet gathered around one of the original stations. The Sentricon® System successfully eliminated the entire termite colony and now is defending the perimeter, should any termites try to return.
- Statue of Liberty: that’s right, since 1996 The Sentricon® System has been trusted to protect this symbol of American freedom. At times in its history, the termite infestation was so intense that the museum portion of the monument had to be completely closed to all visitors. The Sentricon® Termite Colony Elimination System was installed all around the base of the statute and the termites wreaking havoc on this national landmark were eliminated. Ever since, the National Parks Service has counted on Certified Sentricon® Specialists, like Arrow Exterminators, to keep the area termite-free and safe for visitors!
- ‘Iolani Palace: this beautiful, historical palace was home to the rulers of the Kingdom of Hawaii until the late 1800s. The structure was tormented by termites for a century; entire sections of the palace were destroyed in the early 1900s and had to be rebuilt. They were once again threatened by termites in the 1990s, but this time The Sentricon® System was there to save the day. The system was installed around and inside the palace and the invading colonies were quickly and completely eliminated. The Sentricon® System remains to protect the palace from any future invasions so that tourists can enjoy the beautiful building for years to come.
- Mount Vernon: this beautiful old estate on the Potomac River just south of Washington, D.C. was once home to George Washington. Now a museum, it sees more than 2 million visitors each year. Like Independence Hall, The Sentricon® System was installed around Mount Vernon as a preventative measure in 1999. During one of the post-installation inspections, termites were found in the system and Recruit bait was introduced to eliminate the colony. This quickly eliminated the minor termite problem on the property before they were able to swarm and damage the estate. Just as important, the system has also prevented termites from returning and wreaking havoc as well.
The question is, if we trust The Sentricon® System to protect all these beautiful, historical sites, why wouldn’t you trust it to protect your home? If you want to give your home the same level of protection as these important American heritage sites, call the Certified Sentricon® Specialists at Arrow Exterminators. You can schedule a free, no obligation evaluation on our website or give us a call. You can also reach out to us on social media for information about termites and The Sentricon® System. We are on Facebook and Google+.