As anyone who lives in Oklahoma knows, termite damage is a constant worry for home and business owners. One of the most frequent questions we get from customers is how can they prevent termite damage to their home. Although we’ve known for years what the best termite infestation prevention and treatment method system is, there still seems to be some debate among our customers about whether The Sentricon® System or liquid barrier treatments are more effective. Today, we want to put that discussion to rest.
Liquid Barrier Termite Treatments
There are still some home and business owners—and even pest control professionals—that believe that liquid barrier termite treatments are the best way to get rid of termite colonies. They obviously haven’t seen the great results produced by The Sentricon® System yet. While liquid barrier treatments can sometimes kill some termites, they cannot eliminate an entire colony; the liquid only kills the termites it comes in contact with. The other termites then send out a distress signal letting the rest of the colony to retreat until the threat goes away. After the liquid barrier disappears, the termites will resume their attack.
For liquid barrier treatments to have a chance at being effective, they need to be applied frequently. Which means you could end up paying a whole lot of money for a service that won’t even get rid of all your termites! On top of that, liquid barrier treatments are full of potentially harmful chemicals. While these are intended to harm the termites, these can end up killing your lawn, your flowers, other garden plants and good bugs that you want in your garden. In addition, these chemicals can potentially be dangerous to your pets. That’s a lot of risk to take on a product that isn’t going to definitively solve your problem.
The Sentricon® Termite Colony Elimination System
The Sentricon® System has been proven by university research studies and decades of use by pest control professionals to be the best and most effective way of eliminating termite colonies. And as a bonus, there are no damaging side effects to your property like there are with liquid barrier treatments. This system is safe, effective, adds value to your home and is an investment that could save you thousands of dollars down the line by preventing devastating termite damage to your home or business. Here are just a few of the many reasons that we trust The Sentricon® System to protect our homes and why we recommend it to all our customers to protect their property as well:
- The Sentricon® System is active 24/7. It is constantly monitoring for termites and you never have to worry about it being “turned off” or “inactive.” No matter when termites strike, The Sentricon® System will be ready.
- Termites prefer the Recruit HD bait four-to-one over wood, so you never have to worry about termites not “taking the bait.”
- Installing The Sentricon® System is easy and requires no drilling or trenching—so it won’t ruin all your hard work with your lawn and garden!
- It contains no harmful chemicals and only targets termites. You don’t have to worry about it potentially harming your lawn, garden, pets or beneficial garden insects like bees, butterflies and ladybugs.
- Installing The Sentricon® System completely eliminates the need for other termite treatments. So once your system has been installed by a Certified Sentricon® Specialist, it requires only minimal, non-invasive maintenance.
- The Sentricon® System was created to blend in with your yard so that you never notice it again once it’s been installed.
- And since it is only available from Certified Sentricon® Specialists, you know the technician installing and servicing your system is knowledgeable, dependable and can answer any additional questions you might have about your system.
If you have any other questions about termites, termite prevention or protecting your property with The Sentricon® System, call your Oklahoma Certified Sentricon® Specialists at Arrow Exterminators. We offer pest control services to communities across Oklahoma including Bartlesville, Broken Arrow, Edmond, Grove, Kingfisher, Moore, Muskogee, Mustang, Oklahoma City, Stillwater, Tulsa, Vinita, Wagoner and Yukon. You can schedule a free, no-obligation evaluation on our website or give us a call. You can also reach out to us on social media for information about termites and The Sentricon® System. We are on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.