Electric Mosquito Swatter Causes House Fire

In the Philippines, a person swatted a mosquito with one of those electric insect swatters, killing the insect. Unfortunately, the dead mosquito fell on and ignited some firework rocket fuses that were going be used for the holidays, setting them on fire. The resulting fire completely burned the house to the ground and injured two of the residents.

These electric insect swatters, available widely in hardware and other stores, have an electrically-charged grid that zaps and kills insects. However, the dead, sometimes still-smoldering insects present a fire hazard people need to be aware of.

Electric Mosquito Swatter Causes House Fire in Oklahoma

Serving the Oklahoma City and Broken Arrow OK areas for over 60 years

Oklahoma City | Broken Arrow | Bartlesville | Edmond | El Reno | Grove | Jenks | Kingfisher | Moore

Muskogee | Mustang | Owasso | Skiatook | Stillwater | Tulsa | Vinita | Wagoner | Yukon

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest