Strange noises, scratches, and movement coming from your attic can scare any homeowner. Unfortunately, hearing such sounds is a major indicator that you have some type of nuisance wildlife in your home. It is not uncommon for wild animals to gain entry into our homes through the roof, where they can quickly take up residence in your attic. Nobody wants to live alongside wild animals—or even worse, a bunch of them.
At Arrow Exterminators, Inc, we understand how distressing a wildlife problem can be on your property, especially when they make their way inside. We have all the information you need on potential infestations in your attic, provided by our experts.
5 Common Attic Animals
Wild animals are common in our neighborhood here in Santa Fe NM. The animals that can access your roof are the ones most likely to get inside and take up residence in your attic. The most common culprits of attic infestations are as follows:
- Squirrels: All types of squirrels can squeeze in through tiny openings and are feared for their ability to chew through wires.
- Raccoons: Female raccoons are known to nest in attics, and can come and go during the day and night. Chattering noises may indicate a nest of baby raccoons.
- Bats: Possibly the most dangerous attic-dweller is the bat. Bat waste is toxic and can cause health risks.
- Birds: Hearing chirping noises or fluttering indicates you could have a nest of birds in your attic. They have a harder time leaving once they’re inside.
- Rats & mice: These rodents can make some of the loudest noises with their scratching, chewing, squeaking, and running. The roof rat is the most common rodent in attics.
How to Safely Remove Wildlife
Never try to locate a wild animal that you think is living in your attic yourself. If you attempt to get rid of the animal, bat, or bird on your own, you’re not only putting yourself and your family at risk, but also the animal. Wildlife can carry rabies and bite if they feel threatened. Ultimately, you should always seek the assistance of a professional. If you work with a humane wildlife removal company like Arrow Exterminators, you can trust the safest traps and measures will be enlisted to remove and relocate any wild animal.
Professional Wildlife Control Experts
At Arrow Exterminators, we know how stressful it can be to learn that you have wildlife in your attic. It can also be dangerous for your family. In addition to inspecting your property thoroughly, our experts can safely remove the animal and put preventative measures in place to prevent wild animals from entering your attic again.